Monday, August 30, 2010

Hurricane Oscar

I remember when Q was this age. The Minneapolis Institute of Art and The Walker were our second homes. Q could have guided tours. He was always content meandering quietly through these favorite places of mine. Patiently allowing me to revel in my favorite pieces and the professions of amazement from strangers over his un-childlike tranquility. All those visits have certainly paid off. Not only does his behavior in museums put some adults to shame, he can pick out a Van Gogh in a room filled with impressionist works.

Ozzi is not his brother. More often than not, I'm quite thankful for that. I relish the variety.... But, I also really love a good art museum. And clearly, one cannot truly enjoy the extensive collection of a quality institution like the Israel Museum with a two year old tornado.














No comments:

Post a Comment