Saturday, November 14, 2009

Camera Obscura

I've adopted the nasty habit of leaving the camera behind most any time we go out. At times this is done consciously as I would like to feel more at home and less like a tourist here before I strap on the camera that makes me look more like a tourist.

Tonight was an occasion where we just plain forgot... or not even forgot, but didn't plan on needing it. Lesson learned. You always need your camera when in Jerusalem. We were planning on simply finding a "supermarket" on the other side of town that is open on Shabbat so we could pick up the dryer sheets we now lack. We never found dryer sheets but we did find ourselves wandering The Peace Forest and The Mount of Olives. The views were stunning and I vow to return several times over the next two years to take MANY photos.

What I did take pictures of today was the sights of and from our surrounding neighborhood that Q felt worthy of our lense during a morning walk. Which is to say, views of the West Bank and feral cats.








No comments:

Post a Comment